Best Health Insurance Policies With Emergency Evacuation
Taking care of a seriously ill loved one is not an effortless task. We wish to give them the best health care, even if that calls for treatment abroad.
But it is much more challenging than discussed as the major issue is the huge cost involved. And the worse is that most health insurance plans cover treatments only within the country.
Realizing the fact that time is critical in a major medical emergency, health insurance companies like Max Bupa, Religare Health, ManipalCigna, etc. are providing health insurance policies that cover the cost of emergency evacuation via air ambulance along with several other facilities for the policyholders. When a ground ambulance can’t reach a patient or get there fast enough, an air ambulance is called.
Often equipped with state-of-the-art medical equipment, these are staffed by paramedics, emergency medical technicians and sometimes doctors and nurses.
Read the top health insurance plans from the best health insurance companies covering emergency evacuation further in the article.
1. TATA AIG MediPrime Insurance Plan
MediPrime Insurance Plan of TATA AIG is a cashless health insurance plan with no additional expenses borne by the policyholder or his/her family members. This is one the best health insurance policies that provide emergency evacuation to its policyholders under the sum insured of 2 Lakh, 3 Lakh, 4 Lakh, 5 Lakh, 7.5 Lakh, and 10 Lakh.
It is a transparent cashless mediclaim plan which settles in 4 hours. Neither co-pay nor medicals on enrollment up to 50 years and/or for a sum assured up to 5 Lakh are required in this plan.
- Eligibility: 18-65 years
- Policy Term: 1 year and 2 years. For the second option, there is a discount on the premium.
- Min. Sum Assured: 2 Lakh
- Max. Sum Assured: 10 Lakh
- Pre and post hospitalisation
- Daycare procedures
- Domiciliary treatments
- Organ donor expenses
- AYUSH benefit for Homeopathy treatment is available for up to a specified limit.
- Cashless hospitalization in more than 3,000 network hospitals.
2. STAR Family Health Optima Plan
Family Health Optima Plan is a single plan with a wide range of coverage for the entire family at a reasonable premium. The plan compensates you up to Rs. 750 for each hospitalisation towards the emergency ambulance services up to a maximum of Rs. 1,500 per policy period.
The plan provides domiciliary hospitalisation expenses for treatment exceeding three days, new-born baby cover from the 16th day of birth and compensation for health checkup costs up to Rs. 5,000 once every three years of policy coverage as well.
- Eligibility: 16 days old (for children), and 18 years for adults. The maximum age limit is 65 years.
- Policy term: Annual.
- Sum insured: 2 Lakh, 3 Lakh, 4 Lakh, 5 Lakh, 10 Lakh, 15 Lakh.
- Number of members covered: maximum members-5 (maximum adults-2, maximum children-3)
- Options for portability
- Tax benefits
- Health check-up benefits up to 1% of the sum insured for a maximum of Rs. 5,000 every three years for those with a sum insured of Rs. 3 Lakh and above.
- Bonus of up to 35% of your sum insured for every claim-free year depending on the sum insured opted for.
- Expenses towards 405 day-care procedures that would otherwise require hospitalisation of a minimum of 24 hours are covered in the plan.
- For sum insured of Rs. 3 Lakh and above, there is 100% automatic restoration of the sum insured in case the original is exhausted.
3. Aditya Birla Activ Assure Diamond Plan
Aditya Birla’s Activ Assure Diamond Plan is a unique health insurance plan designed with an intent to protect you and your family against medical exigencies and ensure that you achieve a healthy state of living. The plan provides international/domestic emergency assistance services including air ambulance to help you reach a medical facility and then take you back to your home.
- Eligibility-Minimum 5 years. There is no maximum age limit. However, there is a co-payment of 20% of sum insured if the entry age is above 61 years.
- Policy term-1,2 and 3 years.
- Sum insured-16 options ranging from Rs. 2 Lakh to 2 Crore.
- 150% reload of the sum insured, for subsequent claims due to an unrelated illness, maximum up to 50 Lakh.
- Covers 586 daycare procedures even if hospitalisation less than 24 hours.
- Health returns worth up to 30% of your premium for staying fit and healthy.
- Daily Allowance.
- Second e-opinion on critical illness.
- Unlimited reload of the sum insured.
4. Apollo Munich Optima Restore Family Plan
Apollo Munich’s Optima Restore Family Plan is the next best health insurance policy that provides its policyholders emergency air ambulance-covers expenses for ambulance transportation in an aeroplane or helicopter for emergency life-threatening health conditions. The plan is designed specially to cover your family which includes your spouse and dependent children, parents, parents-in-law.
- Eligibility-5-65 years
- Policy term-1 or 2 years
- Sum insured-3-50 Lakh
- Multiplier benefit.
- Customer-friendly portability policy.
- Stay active benefit.
- Restore benefit.
- Daily cash for choosing shared accommodation.
5. Religare Care Plan (with NCB Super Premium)
Even if the right cure is miles away, it is never out of the reach for the customers of Religare Health Insurance. Religare’s Care plan provides the facility of emergency evacuation via air ambulance to its policyholders along with several other benefits. The plan has various variants each with a different level of Sum Insured and coverage benefits. It also has a unique No Claim Bonus feature which doubles the Sum Insured in a mere two claim-free years.
- Eligibility-18 years (adults), 3 months (dependent children)
- Policy term-1,2 and 3 years
- Sum insured-Rs. 1 Lakh-6 Crore
- Travel plus benefit that provides travel insurance cover for 45 days.
- Daily Allowance.
- OPD Care.
- International second opinion.
- Unlimited automatic recharge.
The time to decide on a health insurance policy that covers emergency evacuation is before your family member experiences a medical emergency. Take care of yourself and your loved ones by gaining knowledge on air ambulance coverage by reading your health insurance policy or contacting health insurance broker like insuranceDekho on the toll-free number 1800 1205 698 for better assistance.
If additional coverage is what you require, then we help you figure out if you can purchase extra air ambulance coverage. In case you can’t get it from your insurer, then you may need to look to other health insurance companies for coverage.