Gold Pokemon Cards Real or Fake: How to Identify?
Recently, there has been an uptick in articles questioning the authenticity of gold Pokemon cards. Many enthusiasts are wondering if the Gold Pokemon cards are real or fake. With conflicting claims and rumours, it’s time to settle the matter once and for all.
In this article, we will clarify and shed light on whether gold Pokemon cards are real or fake. We will examine their history, some official releases, and how they differ from counterfeit equivalents. Let’s get started.
Official Gold Pokemon Cards
There have been only two official gold Pokemon card releases during the franchise’s existence: Charizard and Pikachu. The Pokemon Company has officially certified these cards as authentic gold cards. You can assume that any other gold Pokemon card you come across is a fake.
Due to their rarity, collectors are willing to pay a premium for official gold cards. Because of their rarity, real gold Pokemon cards are highly sought-after collectables in the Pokemon world.
It’s worth stressing that the legality and authenticity of a gold Pokemon card are major aspects of establishing its value. It’s safe to assume that any gold Pokemon card you come across that isn’t one of the two official releases is fake.
How to Identify Real Gold Pokemon Cards?
There are a few obvious signs that can help you differentiate a genuine gold Pokemon card from a fake one:
- Design: Most official gold Pokemon cards feature complicated designs, rare characters, and holofoil effects. Designs may have one-of-a-kind images or feature recurring characters. These cards also frequently use holofoil effects, lending them a distinctive shimmer or holographic appearance.
- Copyright Symbol: The copyright symbol should be located in the bottom right corner of each Pokemon card. This logo guarantees the authenticity of the card.
You should know that numerous companies make fake golden Pokemon cards. These fakes might try to pass themselves off as genuine gold cards. Authentic-looking gold plating is added to some forgeries printed on cardstock.
However, there are clear differences between real gold Pokemon cards and fake ones. You can tell the authentic cards from the fakes by looking at the printing quality, finish, and overall design.
What About Burger King Gold Pokemon Cards?
Burger King has previously promoted metal Pokemon cards. Although these Burger King gold Pokemon cards seem great, they are not gold Pokemon cards.
There is no way to use these metal Pokemon cards in a game. However, they were not actual Pokemon cards but metal novelty pieces with the appearance of trading cards. Those toys were common collectables in the Burger King kids’ meal boxes.
Some old-school Pokemon enthusiasts may cherish these gold Burger King cards for their nostalgic value, but the Pokemon Company does not consider them real trading cards. They’re more of a gimmick than a part of the Pokemon TCG.
If you ever come across a Burger King gold Pokemon card, remember that it is not an actual Pokemon card and should not be treated as such due to its lack of rarity or validity.
Value of Golden Pokemon Cards
Numerous factors, including authenticity, rarity, and collector demand, determine how much a gold Pokemon card is worth. Some authentic gold Pokemon cards are worth up to $10,000.
Fake cards produced from cheap material to appear like gold have little value. Official gold Pokemon cards are more valuable due to their authenticity and limited availability.
The market value of authentic Gold Pokemon trading cards may fluctuate based on several factors, including their rarity, quality, popularity, and collector demand.
Where Can I Buy Gold Pokemon Cards?
It’s best to buy your golden Pokemon cards from trusted sellers who can guarantee their authenticity. Look for unlicensed merchants who might try to sell you a fake or phoney card. You should check the vendor’s reputation, read customer reviews, and compare pricing before buying. Here are a few different sites you may go to to purchase rare gold Pokemon cards:
- Local Store: Find out if any nearby card shops or game stores specialize in trading cards. Authentic gold-plated Pokemon cards are part of the 25th-anniversary sets, which may still be available. If you want to make sure they have what you want, you should call ahead and ask.
- eBay: The prominent online marketplace eBay is home to a wide variety of Pokemon cards, including Burger King gold Pokemon cards and authentic gold cards. Make sure to be extremely careful when buying gold cards on eBay.
- Trusted Card Trading Sites: Look at trustworthy online card trading sites focusing on Pokemon cards. These stores usually stock a variety of authentic gold Pokemon cards. Before making any purchases, you should make sure the store is legitimate.
- Amazon: You may also find gold Pokemon cards on Amazon, another marketplace. Like on eBay, it is crucial to thoroughly read product descriptions, research seller ratings, and study product photographs before purchasing.
Read: Check the Pokemon type chart to know which types are super effective, not very effective, or immune to each other.
To summarise, gold Pokemon cards exist, but only a few possess them. If you want to ensure you get the real deal, shop carefully and only with trusted vendors. Gold Pokemon cards are precious and sought after by collectors, making collections that include them extremely rare. We hope you have everything you need to know about the gold Pokemon cards. Let us know in the comments section below if you have further questions.