Health Insurance with Free Medical Checkup
Are you aware that most health insurance providers offer free medical checkup and medical test for the insurers? There are many people who are either unaware of such offer or does not know how to avail such offer. Some doesn’t avail the offer due to the fear that if the test result is not up to the mark, there will be an increase in the insurance premium. But this is not true. The test results have no impact on the policy premium. The insurance providers use them for underwriting only in case the policyholder wants to enhance the sum assured at the time of renewal.
Undergoing medical test has more benefits, and you should get it done to be aware of one’s state of health or discover any diseases in its early stage. Nowadays, many companies advertise for free health checkup, as one of the lucrative offers of their policy.
The process to avail free health checkup
- To schedule the check-up, the policyholder has to either call the insurer at the toll-free number or visit the branch. Some companies also provide the facility of filling the form online.
- The policyholder needs to provide all the relevant details.
- After verification of the details, the insurer provides the date, time, and location as per the insured’s preference.
- An authorization letter is given to the policyholder.
- The policyholder has to present the authorization letter and health ID card at the test centre.
- If the policyholder gets the test done at the network centres, then he does not need to pay anything. But, if he gets it done at a centre of his choice, then he can apply for reimbursement.
Points to keep in mind while availing this free health checkup benefit:
- Cost of tests: Different diagnostic centres charge differently for the same test. Before availing the benefit, you must know how much cost will be reimbursed by the provider and how much you need to pay from your pocket.
- List of tests: Some insurers specify the tests which are covered under free medical check up. Mainly blood sugar, blood count, ECG, CBC, urine test, cholesterol test and chest x-ray are covered. Some insurers like ICICI Lombard and Bajaj Allianz also include a routine medical examination.
- Claim-free years: Some insurance providers offer the benefit of free medical checkup after a block of claim-free years. This block may range from two to five years. For example, SBI General allows free medical checkup after 4 claim-free years and Star Health Insurance offers after three claim-free years. However, Care Health Insurance offers health checkups irrespective of the medical claim made in the previous year.
- Relevance of sum assured: The amount of free health check-up depends on the sum assured. The higher the sum assured, the greater will be the amount provided for a free health checkup.
A routine medical check up is beneficial to identify health problems before they become critical. While buying a policy opt for the insurers who offer free health checkup on an annual basis irrespective of the claim made. The list of checkups may vary from insurers to insurers. You can choose the policy after analyzing the premium, the sum assured, inclusions, restrictions, and other benefits. A free medical checkup is definitely in your good and will surely not increase the premium, and the insurance provider bears even the cost of the health checkup. So, what are you waiting for? Call your insurance provider now and book a free medical check-up.