Top Health Insurance for New Born Baby
Choosing health insurance can be difficult. Especially when you want to cover your newborn baby under it too. You look for several coverage features, sufficient sum insured amount, an insurer that offers a smooth claim settlement process, and the list goes on. This, sometimes, maybe a daunting task when you are little aware of the benefits offered under different health insurance plans for newborn babies.
To make it easy for you to decide which newborn health insurance plan to buy, here we present you with a list of top 5 health insurance for newborn baby which you can choose the most suitable one as per your requirements and budget.
|Name of the Insurance Company||Plan Name||Minimum And Maximum Entry Age||Sum Insured (in Rs.)||Coverage Benefits|
|Max Bupa Health Insurance||Heartbeat Plan||18 years – no limit||1 lakh – 50 lakh||Maternity benefit for up to 2 pregnancies or terminations, newborn baby cover, vaccinations to the newborn baby, health check-ups, etc.|
|Care Health Insurance||Joy Plan||1 day – 65 years||3 lakh – 5 lakh||Maternity benefits, ambulance charges, pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, daycare expenses, etc.|
|Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited||Health Care Supreme||3 months – no limit||5 lakh –||Outpatient expenses, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, maternity expenses, road ambulance expenses, etc.|
|ManipalCigna Health Insurance||ProHealth Insurance Plan||91 days – no limit||2.5 lakh – 1 crore||Worldwide cover, maternity, newborn, first-year vaccinations, pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, organ donor expenses, etc.|
|HDFC Ergo Health Insurance||Easy Health Premium Plan||91 days – 65 years||4 lakh – 50 lakh||Pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, newborn baby cover, as an add-on, maternity cover for both normal and cesarean delivery, etc.|
1. Max Bupa Heartbeat Plan: Heartbeat plan is one of a kind comprehensive policy that covers newborn babies at an affordable premium. The policy covers people aged above 18 years and there is no limit on maximum entry age. Available in three variants, the policy offers a blanket cover for all the medical expenses to the insured. These include cover for maternity benefit for up to 2 pregnancies or terminations, newborn baby cover, vaccinations to the newborn baby, health check-ups, etc. The policy also comes with several add-on benefits that you can opt for by paying an extra premium. These include hospital cash, co-payment, and enhanced geographical scope.
2. Joy Plan Offered by Care Health Insurance: Joy plan is a maternity-oriented health insurance policy that covers people between 1 day and 65 years of age. It offers cover for sum insured options ranging between Rs. 3 lakh and Rs. 5 lakh. You can enjoy several benefits if covered under this policy such as maternity benefits, ambulance charges, pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, daycare expenses, etc. The policy also offers an add-on benefit of No Claim Bonanza that you can opt for by paying an additional premium. In short, it is an ideal policy for individuals and families who are planning a baby.
3. Bajaj Allianz Health Care Supreme: Health Care Supreme is a comprehensive plan that takes care of individuals and families. The policy offers newborn baby cover and comes at an affordable premium which makes it an ideal plan to go for. People aged at least 3 months can be covered under this policy for sum insured options between Rs. 5 lakh and Rs. 50 lakh, depending on which variant is opted. There is no restriction on maximum entry age under this policy. Under it, you can avail several coverage benefits such as cover for out patient expenses, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, maternity expenses, road ambulance expenses, etc.
4. ManipalCigna Pro Health Insurance Plan: Available in three variants, Pro Health Insurance plan offers full protection to newborn babies. The policy covers people aged at least 91 days for sum insured options ranging between Rs. 2.5 lakh and Rs. 1 crore. The policy takes care of your healthcare expenses including domiciliary treatments, daycare procedures, health check-up on renewal, worldwide cover, maternity expenses, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, etc. You can also purchase an add-on cover of critical illness if required by paying an additional premium. In short, it is a value for money policy.
5. HDFC Ergo Easy Health Premium Plan: Easy Health Premium Plan is a great policy for newborn babies. The policy covers people aged between 91 days and 65 years for sum insured options starting from Rs. 4 lakh. The policy offers many benefits such as cover for newborn baby expenses (optional cover), maternity expenses, pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, air ambulance, free e-opinion in case a critical illness is diagnosed, etc. You can also opt for add on the cover(s) of critical illness cover and/or critical advantage rider by paying and enjoy additional coverage.
These health insurance plans for newborn babies are sure to help you get rid of the worries related to your child’s health. But before finalising any health insurance policy, it is advised to read all the terms and conditions. After all, it is for the betterment of your child’s future and reading the terms and conditions will help you make an informed decision.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.